The working visit of FMIPA UGM to several institutions in Taiwan is a follow-up to several collaborations that were initiated during FMIPA UGM’s visit in December 2022. This visit resulted in three new MoAs: an MoA with I-Shou University for research collaboration and student exchange activities, an MoA with National Tsing Hua University for a Double Doctoral Program, and an MoA with Cheng Shiu University for research collaboration, staff, and student exchange.
The current visit will focus on strengthening the implementation plans of collaborations with the mentioned institutions and initiating new collaborations with other institutions in Taiwan. The delegation includes representatives from the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences (FMIPA), along with teams from the Department of Computer and Electronics Science and the Department of Chemistry.
The agenda for the visit includes:
2. In Taipei, Taoyuan, and Hsincu in Northern Taiwan:
– Visit to the National Taiwan University of Science and Technology (preparation for extending the Double Degree program)
– Visit to Lunghwa University (preparation for MoA)
– Visit to National Tsing Hua University (Informatics Engineering Department and International Office – preparation for implementing Double Degree)
– Visit to National Central University (Informatics Engineering Department – preparation for extending the Double Degree program)
– Visit to National Yang Ming Chiao Tung University (initiating new collaboration)
– Visit to Tamkang University (initiating new collaboration)
- In Kaohsiung, Southern Taiwan:
– Visit to Cheng Shiu University (preparation for staff and student exchange)
– Visit to I-Shou University (preparation for student exchange)
During the visit, meetings were also held with FMIPA faculty members who are pursuing their Ph.D. studies in Taiwan. (FA’23)