MASTER OF COMPUTER SCIENCE
Master of Computer Science Study Program (Master of Computer Science Program) is an academic-oriented education that was established in 1999. Graduates of the Computer Science Masters program acquired the M.Cs (Master of Computer Science) degree. The Master of Computer Science has been known nationally and internationally, represented by students of multi-ethnicity coming from various islands in Indonesia (from Sabang to Merauke) as well as overseas. As of December 2018, the Computer Science Masters Program has produced more than 1,000 graduates.
EXCELLENCE AND UNIQUENESS
- The Computer Science Masters program offers 3 main profiles of graduates, namely:
- Intelligent System Designer
- Data scientist, and
- Lecturer or Researcher.
- The Computer Science Masters Program has become a reference for similar study programs in other tertiary institutions.
- Has obtained the best consecutive national accreditation (BAN-PT) and international accreditation (ASIIN).
- There are 30 Supporting Staff in the Computer Science Masters Program, all of whom have Doctorates from various branches of Computer Science, graduates from leading home and abroad universities.
- The Master of Computer Science program in conducting its research is supported by five scientific laboratories, namely Computing, Intelligent Systems, Software and Data Engineering, Computer and Network Systems, and Instrumentation Electronics.
- The Master of Computer Science Program also has various collaborative programs with domestic and foreign universities, government and private institutions which have been carried out in the form of education and research.
- Starting from the academic year 2018/2019 the Department of Computer and Electronics Science (DIKE) offers UGM Masters of Computer Science students to be able to participate in the Double Degree program at various overseas universities, including:
- Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Kanazawa University, Japan.
- Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering, National Central University (NCU), Taiwan.
- Department of Information Management, National Taiwan University of Science and Technology (NTUST), Taiwan.
- School of Computer Science, University of Birmingham (UoB), United Kingdom.
- In 2019, the Master of Computer Science Program UGM offers a scholarship program for Masters students in the class of 2019. The scholarships are in the form of tuition fee exemption for a maximum of 4 semesters.
- The Computer Science Masters Program offers Pre-Masters classes to assist applicants in reviewing the main material at the undergraduate level that are essential for continuing their studies at the master’s level, providing preliminary knowledge about the Computer Science master’s program as well as preparing themselves for the selection examination.
The learning outcomes of the program (PLO) study consist of four objectives, namely (1) Attitudes and Values, (2) Knowledge Mastery, (3) Work Ability, and (4) Managerial Ability.
Graduates of the Computer Science Masters Program can work, among others, as:
- Lecturer/Educator in the field of Computer Science, at the highest level of Undergraduate
- Computer Science researcher
- Intelligent system designers and consultants
- Data scientist
- Manager of the system and information technology
- The Computer Science Masters Program 2017 curriculum imposes 44 credits of courses consisting of 23 credits of compulsory subjects and 21 credits of elective courses.
- The credits can be taken in three semesters.
- Curriculum structure is shown in the following table:
Table 1: Curriculum Structure
|5.||Database Management System||3|
|2.||Elective course 1||3|
|3.||Elective course 2||3|
|4.||Elective course 3||3|
|5.||Elective course 4||3|
|6.||Elective course 5||3|
|2.||Elective course 6||3|
|3.||Elective course 7||3|
- The following table provides a list of elective courses.
Table 2: List of Elective Courses
|1||Applied Algebra and Statistics||3||Even|
|2||Big Data Analysis||3||Even|
|6||Software Quality Assurance||3||Even|
|9||Computational Intelligence and Machine Learning||3||Even|
|13||Mathematics for Data Science||3||Even|
|14||Automation, Language and Application||3||Even|
|15||Digital Signal Processing||3||Even|
|17||Decision Support System||3||Even|
|20||Semantic Search and Information Retrieval||3||Odd|
|22||Digital Image Processing||3||Odd|
|27||Wireless and Mobile Communication Systems||3||Odd|
|28||Distributed and Cloud Systems||3||Odd|
|31||Business Problem and Data Science Solution||3||Odd|
|32||Verification and Validation||3||Odd|
TUITION FEES PER SEMESTER
Education costs of the Master of Computer Science Program:
|No||Higher Education Level||Class||Admission Type||Tuition Fee Level||Tuition Fees per Semester|
Intake 1 (Pre-Masters Program):
- Registration: January – February
- Lectures: February – May
- Exams: May
- Announcement: May
Intake 2 (Without Pre-Masters Program):
- Registration: May – June
- Test: June
- Announcement: June
Dr. Tri Kuntoro Priyambodo, M.Sc.
Aina Musdholifah, S.Kom., M.Kom., Ph.D.
Magister/Doctorate (S2/S3) Building, 4th Floor
Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
Universitas Gadjah Mada
Sekip Utara, Bulaksumur, Yogyakarta 55281
Phone (0274) 555133