DOCTOR OF COMPUTER SCIENCE
Doctor of Computer Science Study Program is an academic-oriented education that was established in 2002. The Computer Science Doctoral Program has been known nationally and internationally, represented by students of multi-ethnicity coming from various islands in Indonesia (from Sabang to Merauke) as well as overseas.
EXCELLENCE AND UNIQUENESS
The Computer Science Doctoral Program offers 2 main profiles of graduates, namely:
- Lecturer, and
- Has obtained the best consecutive national accreditation (BAN-PT).
- There are 30 Supporting Staff in the Computer Science Doctoral Program, all of whom have Doctorates from various branches of Computer Science, graduates from leading home and abroad universities.
- The Computer Science Doctoral Program in conducting its research is supported by five scientific laboratories, namely Computing, Intelligent Systems, Software and Data Engineering, Computer Systems and Networks, and Instrumentation Electronics.
- The Computer Science Doctoral Program also has various collaborative programs with domestic and foreign universities, government and private institutions which have been carried out in the form of education and research.
- The Computer Science Doctoral Program focuses on pure, fundamental and applied research, applying the latest principles and discoveries in the field of science (for example: mathematics, physics, biology) to solve computational problems.
- The Computer Science Doctoral Program is a program that produces products in the form of new models or theories in the field of computer science based on intelligent computing.
- The Computer Science Doctoral Program UGM is one of the study programs in the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, which studies basic and applied sciences, as well as engineering studies, especially in software.
- In Universitas Gadjah Mada, the Computer Science Doctoral Program contains more in-depth theoretical studies in the field of computers compared to the Doctoral Program in Electrical and Informatics Engineering with an emphasis on the use of information technology.
- The Computer Science Doctoral Program UGM has a high level of dispersion from local students in Indonesia, as well as having the largest undergraduate and postgraduate origin compared to the similar programs in other higher education institutions in Indonesia.
- Judging from its uniqueness, the UGM Computer Science Doctoral Program specializes in intelligent computing, whereas the University of Indonesia Computer Science Doctoral Program strengthening in high-performance computing, the ITB Information Doctoral Program specializing in software engineering, the ITS Information Engineering Doctoral Program specializing in computer systems, and the Gunadarma University Doctoral Program specializing in image processing.
The learning outcomes of the program (PLO) study consist of four objectives, namely (1) Attitudes and Values, (2) Knowledge Mastery, (3) Work Ability, and (4) Managerial Ability.
Graduates of the Computer Science Masters Program can work among others as:
- Lecturer/Educator in the field of Computer Science, at the highest level of Undergraduate
- Computer Science researcher
- Intelligent system designers and consultant
- Data scientist
- Manager of the system and information technology
The subjects of the Computer Science Doctoral Program are divided into three types as shown in Table 1, namely: compulsory courses that must be taken by all students, electives in the study program and electives outside the study program. Students are affirmed to pass the Computer Science Doctoral Program if they have taken a minimum of 46 credits consisting of: 34 credits of Dissertation, 6 credits of compulsory courses, and 6 credits minimum of elective courses in accordance with the decision of the new student admissions team. The compulsory subjects, shown in Table 2, are taken by all PhD students in Computer Science.
Table 1. Group of subjects in Computer Science Doctoral programs
Table 2. Compulsory Courses
|2.||MII7020||Research Trend in Computer Science||3|
The elective courses, as shown in Table 3, are taken by students according to the decision of the student admissions team. The decision of elective courses that are to be taken is made by the promoter appointed for the prospective student along with the student admissions team’s advisory. If deemed necessary, prospective students will be asked to take a course from outside the study program in accordance with the candidate student’s research domain.
Table 3.8. Elective courses in Computer Science Doctoral Program
|No.||Code||Course Name||Research Lab.||Credits|
|4||MII7245||Digital Image Processing||AK||3|
|11||MII7445||Advanced Decision Support System||SC||3|
|13||MII7465||Natural Language Processing||SC||3|
|15||MII7530||Mobile and Cloud Computing||RPLD||3|
|17||MII7550||Information and Knowledge Management||RPLD||3|
|20||MII7625||Advanced Computer Network||SKJ||3|
|21||MII7635||Advanced Network Security||SKJ||3|
|26||MII7835||Feedback Control of Computing System||Elins||3|
|28||MII7855||Real Time System||Elins||3|
AK = Algorithm and Computation Research Laboratory (Algoritma dan Komputasi)
SC = Intelligent System Research Laboratory (Sistem Cerdas)
RPLD = Software and Data Engineering Research Laboratory (Rekayasa Perangkat Lunak & Data)
SKJ = Computer Systems and Networks Research Laboratory (Sistem Komputer dan Jaringan)
Elins = Electronics and Instrumentation Laboratory (Elektronika dan Instrumentasi)
TUITION FEE PER SEMESTER
Education costs of the Computer Science Doctoral Program:
|No||Higher Education Level||Admission Type||Tuition Fees per Semester|
Doctorate Program Registration Information
- Registration: May – June
- Examination: June
- Announcement: June
- Registration: June – July
- Examination: July
- Announcement: July
CONTACT AND INQUIRIES
Edi Winarko, M.Sc., Ph.D.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Agfianto Eko Putra, M.Si.
Email : email@example.com
SIC Building, 3rd Floor
Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
Universitas Gadjah Mada
Sekip Utara, Bulaksumur, Yogyakarta 55281
Phone (0274) 555133
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org