CHEMISTRY DOCTORAL STUDY PROGRAM
The Doctoral Study Program in Chemistry at the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences UGM was established in 1981 under the Department of Postgraduates in Mathematics and Natural Sciences, Faculty of Postgraduate Studies. The study program was then confirmed by the Decree from the Higher Education Director General of the Ministry of Education and Culture, Republic of Indonesia, No. 580 / DIKTI / Kep / 1993, September 29, 1993. Since the academic year 2007/2008, according to the UGM Chancellor’s Decree on Monodisciplinary Postgraduate Program Number 89 / P / SK / HT / 2006, the Postgraduate Chemistry Study Program is under the Faculty of Mathematics and Science Nature (FMIPA). Graduates of the Doctoral Study Program in Chemistry are entitled to hold a doctorate (Dr.) degree. The current teaching-learning process, research and service in the Chemistry Study Program of FMIPA UGM is taken responsible by 41 permanent teaching staff, of which 14 are professors. and 6 non-permanent teaching staff, of which 4 are professors.
EXCELLENCE AND UNIQUENESS
- The Doctoral Study Program in Chemistry offers 3 main profiles of graduates, namely:
- Academic (Lecturer)
- Environmental Consultant
- Has obtained the best accreditation (accreditation A) consecutively from the National Accreditation Board for Higher Education (BAN-PT).
- Has 41 permanent teaching staff with doctoral degrees, 14 of which are professors.
- Has six laboratories, namely Analytical Chemistry Laboratory, Inorganic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Computational Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, and Postgraduate Chemistry Laboratory.
- Supported by various laboratories in UGM that are equipped with advanced equipment.
- Focusing not only on basic researches but also inter and multidisciplinary applied research.
- Has established many partnerships and is constantly improving the collaboration program in the fields of education, research and service with domestic and foreign universities, regional governments, state and private institutions.
- Actively involved in solving global problems related to chemistry through international networks, such as:
ü Promoting collaboration in the field of water management in developing countries through the international network of the Excellence Center for Sustainable Water Management,
ü Monitoring persistent organic pollutants (POPs) in Indonesia and other countries in Asia for updating data in the Stockholm Convention on POPs,
ü Promoting and updating environmentally friendly and sustainable laboratories that is uploaded to https://www.oc-praktikum.de/nop for the initiative and funding from UNESCO,
ü Constantly being a reference for similar study programs in other universities in Indonesia,
ü Having a very wide distribution of student origins which covers almost all regions in Indonesia as well as several international students.
Graduates of the Chemistry Doctoral Study Program are directed to become academics, researchers and environmental consultants who are reliable in their field of expertise and have mastery of in-depth knowledge with broad insight, and are able to independently conduct research/study and disseminate the research/study results. In achieving the graduate profile, the program learning outcomes (PLO) are determined to consist four elements, namely (1) Attitudes and Values, (2) Knowledge Mastery, (3) Work Ability, and (4) Managerial Ability. The learning outcomes of the study program have been synchronized with level 9 of the KKNI listed in PP RI No. 8 of 2012.
Graduates of the Chemistry Doctoral Program can work, among others, as:
- Lecturers/Educators in the field of Chemistry, at the level of Bachelor (S1) until Postgraduate (S3) study programs in Higher Education
- Researchers in the field of Chemistry
- Research and development practitioners in the chemical industry and other related industries
- Environmental Consultants
In order to equip graduates with the main competencies in terms of knowledge, understanding and skills in the field of chemistry at the doctoral level, the curriculum of the Doctoral Study Program in Chemistry is structured in such a way that it consists of courses that are obligatory to students.
The courses in the Chemistry Doctoral Study Program is divided into two types, namely: compulsory courses that must be taken by all students and elective courses. Elective courses are grouped into four in accordance with existing specialization, namely Interest in Inorganic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Environmental Chemistry, and Organic Chemistry with an additional Educational course. Students are declared to have passed the Chemistry Doctoral Study Program if they have taken a minimum of 46 credits consisting of: 34 credits of dissertation, 8 credits of compulsory courses, and minimum of 4 credits of elective courses. The list of compulsory and dissertation courses is shown in Table 1, while a list of elective courses is shown in Table 2.
Table 1. List of program-compulsory courses and dissertation
|1||Philosophy of Science||2|
Teble 2. List of elective courses
|Course Name||Credits||Course Name||Credits|
|Inorganic Chemistry Specialization||Analytic Chemistry Specialization|
|Material Synthesis and Characterization||2||Advanced Analytical Spectrometry||2|
|Metal Ions in water||2||Advanced Analytic Separation||2|
|Nanotechnology in Environmental Chemistry||2||Advanced Chemometry||2|
|Physical Chemistry Specialization||Environmental Chemistry|
|Kinetics and Catalysts||2||Chemodynamics and Environmental Modeling||2|
|Thermodynamics and Chemical Balance||2||Aspects of Green Chemistry in Chemical Research||2|
|Quantum and Computational Chemistry||2||Environmental Toxicology||2|
|Organic Chemistry Specialization||Educational|
|Organic Molecular Design and Engineering||2||Psychology of Cognitive Development||2|
|Advanced Bio Chemistry||2|
|Isolation and Elucidation of Structure of Organic Compounds||2|
TUITION FEES PER SEMESTER
Education Costs of the Chemistry Doctoral Program:
|No||Admission Type||Tuition Fees per Semester|
- Registration : May – June
- Examination : June
- Announcement : June
- Registration : June – July
- Examination : July
- Announcement : July
Prof. Dr. Sri Juari Santosa, M.Eng.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Dwi Siswanta, M.Eng.
Email : email@example.com
Magister/Doctorate (S2/S3) Building
Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
Universitas Gadjah Mada
Sekip Utara, Kotak Pos Bls. 21, Yogyakarta 55281
Telp (0274) 545188
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org