Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences to be known both internationally and nationally and excel in education, research, and community service, and to produce graduates who are competent in their fields, literate in information technology, entrepreneurial, and able to compete at both national and international level.
- To develop all majors and courses in the department environment to be able to provide education of science at the forefront to the post graduate level with advanced and international potentials for citizens of all levels of Indonesian society and all countries in the world.
- To develop all the department in their environment that are able to organize basic research and its application in an integrated and internationally that support the development of science and technology for the prosperity of the nation and mankind.
- To enhance the role of the faculty as an institution that has activities that benefit the community through a series of activities to support the use of a faculty of science welfare and comfort of the people in the material and spiritual aspects.
- To enhance the role of the faculty in the industry, technology information and communication systems, environment, health, and economy, so that the industry can be assured and invited together (corporate) to further develop science and applied Mathematics making as a center of research services, training, consulting, and services in the fields of science and applied mathematics.
- To make the faculty as an institution that has good governance in order to support UGM for the completion of the transition into an independent university.
- Improving the quality and relevance of undergraduate and graduate educations based on research to produce graduates of the faculty who have behavioral, mental attitude, professional ethics, knowledge, skills, creativity, and superior leadership, and wisdom in resolving problems.
- Improving the quality and relevance of international research and community service.
- Developing independence organizations and networks of cooperation to improve the position at the global level with the support of the campus community, alumni, industry, and society.
- Fostering a culture of Pancasila society to develop: tolerance and mutual respect, the soul and the spirit of nationality, as well as self-discipline among faculty and the academic community, to support the independence and integrity of the nation and the state.
- Providing the infrastructure to improve the quality of services in support of the faculty as part of an international research university.
- Being able to become a faculty with good governance, efficient and productive.
- Realization of research-based learning (RBL).
- Reputation improvement and accreditation of international achievement in the field of education, research, and community service.
- Achievement of fruitful international cooperation network.
- Achievement of the role of the Faculty is always increasing in solving problems of the nation with a populist approach and socio-cultural Indonesia including advocacy of local excellence to the world level.
- Completion of fixed assets transfers status.
- Completion of preparation stage in the development of management systems and human resource management of the university as a public service unit.
- Achievement of financial statements in accordance with accounting standards applicable to an independent university.
- Achievement of faculty good governance in the management system.
- Achievement of continual improvement of cooperation and business development capacity.